Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmastime is Here...

I can't believe that Christmas is a week away boy does time fly! I normally don't dress up for Christmas but this year I'm in the mood to be a little fancy especially since Christmas falls on a Sunday and I plan to go to church. Here are a few ideas that ran across my mind:

Holiday Party Theme
This is definitely a great ensemble for a holiday party or to be extra fancy on Christmas. Tweed is certainly a winter wonderland type of fabric (for me anyway) and from the shoes to the accessories everything is so shiny and sparkly just like the Holidays!

[Shoshanna-My Little Secret Dress, Cara Accessories-The More the Merrier Bangle, Lee Angel-Pearl Drop Earrings: Rent The Runway
Andrea Shoe: Shoe Privee]

Festive Color Theme
This ensemble really gets you into the holiday spirit! It's kind of Mad Men-ish and totally reminds me of something that my grandma would have worn back in the day which makes me love it even more!

[Red-y for Inspiration Dress: Modcloth
Ava Cupchain Necklace, Ava Cupchain Earrings: Stella & Dot
Mudra-Call it Spring Shoes: Zappos.com]

Happy Holidays All!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro to the story...

So I knew I was destined to be in Chi Town when Y! avatars created a look that was exactly identical to an outfit I wore last winter while visiting Chicago lol Seriously, I have always been a city girl trapped in the suburbs but God has finally given me the opportunity to be where I want to be. So this blog will detail my adventures of living in Chicago shown through photos (because why type a thousand words when a picture can do the same :P). I was actually inspired by this concept from Lala's blog (www.iamlala.com) since thats what she does on her website. That's the super condensed version of why I am starting a blog/moving to Chicago!