Monday, December 9, 2013

When Plaid Meets Preppy

I have to admit when I saw the trend of plaid shirts coming around I wasn't impressed. It reminded me of Davy Crockett of someone trying to be a wannabe woodsman until I saw this:

I think this look would look great paired with the Olivia Bib Necklace (now on sale):


This got my creative juices flowing so I decided to creat a polyvore outfit inspired by the above look:

I decided to show two types of ways accessorize this outfit. The left is more of a bold and beautiful approach with the statement necklace while the right is more of your everyday look. Either way I am now jumping on the plaid shirt bandwagon decked out in fab jewels!

Sources: 
Inspiration Outfit: Pinterest-http://pinterest.com/pin/144959681729708618/
Olivia Bib Necklace: Stella & Dot - http://stelladot.com/shop/en_us/p/olivia-bib-necklace
My Outfit: Polyvore-http://glamupparties.blogspot.com/2013/12/rugged-on-madison-ave.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro to the story...

So I knew I was destined to be in Chi Town when Y! avatars created a look that was exactly identical to an outfit I wore last winter while visiting Chicago lol Seriously, I have always been a city girl trapped in the suburbs but God has finally given me the opportunity to be where I want to be. So this blog will detail my adventures of living in Chicago shown through photos (because why type a thousand words when a picture can do the same :P). I was actually inspired by this concept from Lala's blog (www.iamlala.com) since thats what she does on her website. That's the super condensed version of why I am starting a blog/moving to Chicago!