Saturday, March 22, 2014

Fashion and Finance: Splurge vs Steal (basic essentials)

For awhile now I have been trying to figure out how I could incorporate both fashion and finance into a blog segment and then today I had my aha moment - splurge vs save! So now im excited to introduce a new series of blog posts focused on this topic. This post will focus on the basic essentials of crystal studs, a black clutch, and black strappy heels.


The splurge example includes Kate Spade studs, MARC by Marc Jacobs clutch, and YSL heels. The save example includes studs and clutch by Stella & Dot and shoes from Shiekh. As you can see there's a tremendous difference in savings if you go with the save option. The extra $1,000 saved could be used to go on a vacay and show off your money saving pieces!

Please give me your feedback and suggestions on what you would like covered in this series. Until next time stay fun, fashionable, and frugal!

Sources: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro to the story...

So I knew I was destined to be in Chi Town when Y! avatars created a look that was exactly identical to an outfit I wore last winter while visiting Chicago lol Seriously, I have always been a city girl trapped in the suburbs but God has finally given me the opportunity to be where I want to be. So this blog will detail my adventures of living in Chicago shown through photos (because why type a thousand words when a picture can do the same :P). I was actually inspired by this concept from Lala's blog (www.iamlala.com) since thats what she does on her website. That's the super condensed version of why I am starting a blog/moving to Chicago!