Saturday, April 26, 2014

Garlic toast bacon cheese sandwich ~ recipe series



I literally just made up this recipe today while trying to compile things in my fridge that the lil diva and I could eat. I can't believe I never thought of it before this was quick, easy, and delish!



Garlic toast bacon cheese sandwich 
Serves: 1
Preparation Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup, shredded Cheese, Colby
  • 4 slice, snack-size Bread, garlic
  • 2 medium slices(yield after cooking) Bacon or side pork, fresh, cooked
Instructions
  1. Cook garlic toast on high heat on griddle flipping occassionally until slightly brown on both sides then turn down to low
  2. Add shredded cheese to the bread slices let it melt slightly
  3. Add bacon to two of the slices then combine with other slices
  4. Cook on low for another 2min flipping occasionally until cheese is completely melted

Nutrition Info (per serving)

Calories384
Total Fat24g
Saturated11g
Polyunsaturated2.7g
Monounsaturated8.8g
Cholesterol53mg
Sodium892mg
Total Carbs23g
Dietary Fiber0.9g
Sugar1.2g
Protein19g
Vitamin A147mcg
Vitamin C0.1mg
Calcium276mg
Iron1.9mg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro to the story...

So I knew I was destined to be in Chi Town when Y! avatars created a look that was exactly identical to an outfit I wore last winter while visiting Chicago lol Seriously, I have always been a city girl trapped in the suburbs but God has finally given me the opportunity to be where I want to be. So this blog will detail my adventures of living in Chicago shown through photos (because why type a thousand words when a picture can do the same :P). I was actually inspired by this concept from Lala's blog (www.iamlala.com) since thats what she does on her website. That's the super condensed version of why I am starting a blog/moving to Chicago!