Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Quick post: Homemade Microwavable Kettle Popcorn!


I discovered on Pinterest the amazing phenomenon of popping homemade popcorn in the microwave!! Why I had been so oblivious to such an ingenious is beyond me! You can use a brown paper lunch bag or a glass bowl and plate which is the method I use. Pour the popcorn in the bowl microwave for approx. 3 1/2 minutes and viola you have popcorn! To make it kettle style mix these ingredients with the kernels before popping:

2 TBS of oil ( I used olive oil)
1 TBS sugar
1/2 tps of salt

The popcorn turned out perfect! Not too drenched with oil and sugar like the mircowavable bags and definitely much more healthier without the unnecessary added ingredients that you might find with the store bought bags. This is definitely my go to method whenever im craving popcorn from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intro to the story...

So I knew I was destined to be in Chi Town when Y! avatars created a look that was exactly identical to an outfit I wore last winter while visiting Chicago lol Seriously, I have always been a city girl trapped in the suburbs but God has finally given me the opportunity to be where I want to be. So this blog will detail my adventures of living in Chicago shown through photos (because why type a thousand words when a picture can do the same :P). I was actually inspired by this concept from Lala's blog (www.iamlala.com) since thats what she does on her website. That's the super condensed version of why I am starting a blog/moving to Chicago!